User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Road Angels

Thanks

Road Angels

Anyone got one used one?

Any good?

I am now on 9 points and I think another 3 will cost me £600.00, or a short ban!

Has anyone bought one of ebay?

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User Tone's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Re: Road Angels

my m8 andy has one all i can say is get one they a excellent and very accurate its worth the money in your position m8

Thanks

Thanks Cossie

Way too much free time Decade Plus User PIG's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

borrowed sidewaysrookies to go to the autosport show.god send m8.helped me doing over a tone on m40 when started going off.exellent things

Thanks

had a classic one for nearly 2 years never been caught since
    worth every penny
    dealer by me doing them for £325 if that helps

Thanks

yeah got the new road angel and its saved me a few times i payed 400 quid for it last year so it might be cheaper now

World Champion Decade Plus User RChambers's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

www.speeding.co.uk have the Snooper S3 Neo for £129.99 here

Seems like a good price to me, especially for a GPS system.

Richard

Pit Crew Decade Plus User Beaker_u_Muppet's Avatar

Thanks

From RChambers post
    Snooper SLD920 X Laser Diffuser
    This device is NOT a Radar detector. It is a cloaking device which surrounds your car in a shield of laser proof invisibility.
    Even the Enterprise doesn't have a cloaking device.

Thanks

And there was me thinking only the Klingons had cloaking technology... Now snooper have it. The universe is a safer place.

I have a Road Angel classic and use it in the car and on the bike, saved me too many times to mention on roads that I didn't know.

SI

Pit Crew Decade Plus User

My 1st Project
    Thanks

http://www.premierdirect.co.uk/startroadangel.htm

Classics for £280 inc. VAT there.

World Champion Decade Plus User RChambers's Avatar

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Anyone got the snooper s3 neo? Is it any good. Seems well spec'd for the price.

Bodger

Thanks

RChambers said:
    Anyone got the snooper s3 neo? Is it any good. Seems well spec'd for the price.
    my dad has the s4 neo or s6 can't remember but the thing is great. My dad has a Lexus Ls430 and drives up and down the motorway very often quite quickley you could say, and has not been caught.scares the shit out of you when it picks up radar or laser signals .He was going to buy the road angle but the Snoopers are definantly better(something to do with more regular updates of temporary cameras). Don't buy the extra RLD (radar laser detector) because this will be illigal sometime this year and also of when you drive past and shop or supermarket...

Pole Position Decade Plus User NorthernBloke's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Re: Road Angels vs Origin B2

I've got the Origin B2 and the other week one of the lads got a New Road Angel so I tried them side by side for a week

A quick summary:

The Angel seems to take about 50% longer to lock on to the satellites and become active.

Angel only tells you that there is a fixed camera, not what type or what speed limit is on the road - B2 tells you what sort of camera and what the speed limit is on the road and the road number e.g. travelling into Chesterfield and the Angel notified me that there was a Fixed safety camera, whereas the Origin told me there was a Gatso, the road number and that the speed limit on that road was 40 ? it also differentiated if I was under the limit ? see below.

If you're approaching a camera but under the speed limit the Angel still goes mental. It beeps the same as if you're over the limit and flashes faster as you get nearer to the camera - If you're under the limit the B2 beeps once with one flash and then just displays the distance to the camera, type and speed limit but does not beep or flash again unless you go over the limit.

If you're over the limit the Angel notifies the same as above. The B2 audibly notifies you of camera type and speed, beeps three times and then beeps as you approach the camera and flashes the LED's - more urgently if you're still over the speed limit.

I liked the idea of the Angel screen changing colour from Blue to Red as it notifies you but it's actually quite hard to see the colour change if the unit is in sunlight - B2 uses flashing LED's rather than the whole screen.

Over the week the Angel gave about 12 additional black spot warnings not shown on B2 - more comprehensive database on the Angel but I wouldn't have classed some of them as black spots e.g. it seemed to flag every other junction on the M1.

3 false alarms on Angel - may have been for cameras that were in range but not on the road I was on. For example, in one case it warned me about a camera I knew was about 200 yds beyond the roundabout I was approaching, however the B2 did not notify me until I had actually taken the turn off from the roundabout onto the road with the camera.

Only one set of 3 distance options on Angel although the notification distance doubles if you are travelling over 50mph.

B2 is incremental and has one set for town and one set for motorway and also uses time (only system that does I think) as well as distance e.g. in town notifies if you are 600 metres or 15 seconds from the camera but on the motorway 1000 metres or 20 seconds (fully adjustable)

Angel school setting is on or off - B2 is on, off or Smart i.e. only notifies between 8 & 9, 12 & 1 and 3 & 4 and not on weekends

B2 looks more "professional" - comment from a colleague on the way to the restaurant but I do agree.

The Angel is easier to install as it?s self contained and simply pugs into the cigarette lighter whereas my B2 has separate GPS antennae and laser detector. However, there?s now a similar self contained unit from Origin ? the Origin Solo. The advantage of my B2 is that the screen can live away from the tope of the dash unlike the Angel and Origin Solo so you don?t get the problem with sunlight effecting the screen.

The B2 is also a lot smaller so much easier to take with you when leaving the car as it's about a 1/4 of the size of the Angel.

Anyway, I thought it was very useful to try them side by side

Just for info this is mine installed. B2 control unit in front of the gearstick, GPS antennea on the left of the dash and laser detector behind the rear view mirror.

I love to crap Decade Plus User PercyBigun's Avatar

Thanks

i've got a snooper SR6 Neo GPS and laser thing, boxed, as new with modem & instructions etc, would sell for £250 posted.

saved my bacon alot of times!

+ Reply to Thread