User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New speed trap causes accident......

Pole Position Decade Plus User Ferg's Avatar

Thanks

New speed trap causes accident......

Just wanted to have a quick rant about having to spend 20 mins at a standstill on the M8 this morning. After speaking with others who saw the incident responsible, it appears the Police had put a speed trap on a bridge over the motorway. This is not a common spot for them to put a camera nor is it a dangerous place or an accident black spot. So it appears as though on noticing the speed trap someone has stroked the brake pedal, as you do, only to cause an accident. Whether it was the original car or someone caught in the concertina effect it still means IMO that the Feds were responsible to some extent for the accident.

Just wanted to

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User Hugh's Avatar

Thanks

Re: New speed trap causes accident......

Not the first and I'm sure not the last. There is a spot on the A5 where you can suddenly see where the camera car sits and all you can see at this spot is streaks of marmite where lorries and cars have locked up trying to brake.

Really promotes safety doesn't it.

I love to crap Decade Plus User PercyBigun's Avatar

Thanks

i once went round a sharpish bend on the A14 near kettering and theres a Trevelo just round it (and the other side of a bridge, well hidden), slammed on the brakes and the back end came out. but luckily it twitched back in. i had visions of going sideways into the concrete flyover pillars - which would have probably spelt game over for PercyBigun!

good job i have got one of those snooper things now which picks up all the trevelo's etc.

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

They jusy use them as piggy banks. Its disgusting. Motorway accidents can easily be fatal due to the speeds involved and its just to get a few quid. You cant put a price on life.
    Im sure the police would argue the very same and say that speed causes death. Correct me if im wrong but its only about 2percent of fatal crashes that are caused by excess speed.
    FTP

I love to crap Decade Plus User PercyBigun's Avatar

Thanks

most crashes i see are cos of people pulling out in front of vehicles - doenst matter if your going 30 or 70, if someone pulls out at the last minute you will hit em either way.

plus nobody uses indicators these days, apart from the people who turn them on on the motorway and then leave it on for 10 miles.

i would prefer it if the cops had a national campaign to improve the quality of driving rather than just persuing this speeding sh1te. but the speeding is easier for them to catch, they dont need to put the effort in to catch offenders.

My 1st Project
    My 2nd Project
    Thanks

Well said, that is so true.

Pole Position Decade Plus User Ferg's Avatar

Thanks

In response to Percy, I work in a place that is mostly roundabouts, the indicating and lane discipline here is attrocious (spl). I bet if you asked most of them if they knew the in and outs of how to operate a car on a roundabout they wouldn't know...

Racer Decade Plus User Sideways's Avatar

Thanks

i once went round a sharpish bend on the A14 near kettering and theres a Trevelo just round it (and the other side of a bridge, well hidden), slammed on the brakes and the back end came out. but luckily it twitched back in. i had visions of going sideways into the concrete flyover pillars - which would have probably spelt game over for PercyBigun!

good job i have got one of those snooper things now which picks up all the trevelo's etc.
    I know the one you mean well, nearly did the same thing myself first time I went past it.
    I go past it regularly, but it still nearly catches me out

went past it yesterday in fact, but they are taking one of the bridges out nearby so we were diverted around it

+ Reply to Thread