User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum Issues

Tyre Kicker

Thanks

Forum Issues

Hi All.

First of all, I love the content on this site. However recently, the useability of the forums has become dreadful.

A few notes:
    1. The speed fluctuates wildly from agonising and unresponsive to sluggish but useable. I sent a message to the admins months ago but never heard back, which is dissapointing.
    2. The requirement to keep logging in every 10 minutes is annoying and unnecessary. Pair this with the sluggish response times and the website is a waste of time.
    3. The search functions dont work. For example, try searching for anything using the search bar or the advanced search, and you get 1 or 2 results. Im having to search using Google, and accessing the results from there. Its broken.
    4. Some of the posts are 20 years old and contain irrelevant links and information. Id recommend removing such content.
    5. Id be happy to pay to access this website if it means that it works properly. In its current form, its frustrating as hell.
    Hopefully theres some explanation to these issues?

Cheers

Pole Position Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Administrator

Thanks

Re: Forum Issues

Hello,

nowadays this forum has 2 (active) Admins, Graham and myself. I haven't seen a message form you, think Graham hasn't either otherwise he would have replied and/or discussed that in the Admin-area.
    As everyone has experienced the speed of the forum has been terrible, although this month it has been reasonable. Both Graham and myself looked at the issue but we are "only" Admins, we are not the owner of the site so our actions are limited to the daily running of the site (keeping it neat and tidy etc) as we cannot access the vBulletin software.
    The former owner of the TS forum cannot be bothered, rallyrob has been in touch with the Japanese guy but it is unclear to us if he actually is the owner or not and also what he can do about the issues.

Search function isn't working probably, as this is part of websites framework Graham and I cannot improve it.
    The requirement to log in every 10 minutes I don't recognise. Can't recall anyone else having this issue.

I am not in favour of deleting old posts; the links in those posts will be out-of-date for sure but the info in there is very valuable.

Regards, Leon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miniliteman For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread