User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bloody fuming!!!

World Champion Decade Plus User Scouse's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Angry Bloody fuming!!!

Took Chester out for his walk about 5.30 over the park. Had a good walk and was on my way home when he seen a couple of King Charles spaniels and a Westie. He decides to go over and say hello...........as per usual

Now he's quite big compared to these dogs, but wouldn't hurt a fly. He's soft as a brush and just loves to play with other dogs and kids.

Anyway he was about 200 yards from me and sniffing these other dogs in the ususal places and they were doing the same, when the guy who had them............wait for it...............booted my dog in the face!!! (can't put a emoticon in as there isn't one to descibe how I felt!) If I was any closer I'd have kicked him in the fookin head myself, but Chester was scared, as you would be and did a runner!!!

Just spent 2 hours looking for the poor thing. He has a name tag with my moby number on it and 3 young lads foned me and then brought him back...................missus was chuffed to bits to see him back home

Went to look for this bloke, but was a long shot..............will keep my eyes open and see if I can see him again. Mad as fook that a "dog lover" could do summit like.

Anyway Chester's being fussed over, just a bit quiet.

Rant over!!

Scouse.

My Race Car
    Thanks

Re: Bloody fuming!!!

I don't care how far away I was, I'd have sprinted over and kicked the *** in the ****** nuts for that!
    Last edited by Gmac; 28-07-2007 at 10:09.

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Merv,

I would have, but Chester did a runner and was more concerned for his safety as I live near a major road and he has no road sense on his own.

Scouse.

Thanks

I take it he wasnt on a lead? And you have no idea how worrying it is to have a small dog with you and to have a big loose dog come over. I have often put myself between my dog and an approaching loose larger dog with a view to booting it if it started anything. Obviously though I would only do anything if the approaching dog started anything.

It's not nice though, you should see this from the other side.

My 1st Project
    Thanks

omj,

my dog did nothing wrong, he as been bitten twice by bigger dogs and I don't paint all dogs with the same brush. And as for having him on a lead, it was in a park which was quite empty concidering the weather!!

And as for seeing the other persons side, well, if this guy is so worried about other dogs then he shouldn't take his dogs out!!

And the thing that annoyed me most was that there was no provocation from my dog.................he just kicked him in the head.

Scouse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    my dog did nothing wrong, he as been bitten twice by bigger dogs and I don't paint all dogs with the same brush. And as for having him on a lead, it was in a park which was quite empty concidering the weather!!
    Other people dont know what temperament your dog has. You cant blame someone for being defensive.

And as for seeing the other persons side, well, if this guy is so worried about other dogs then he shouldn't take his dogs out!!
    Thats hardly fair is it?

And the thing that annoyed me most was that there was no provocation from my dog.................he just kicked him in the head.
    I totally agree here, he shouldnt have done this and I would be just as annoyed as you are. I'm just trying to point out how I feel and therefore I kinda know what the other person may have been feeling.

Hope Chester is ok.

My 1st Project
    Thanks

been a dog owner/walker all my life and never seen such a terrible thing.

scouse you would have been well within your rights to kick him in the head i would have flipped if it was my dog but i feel she would have bitten the bugger if he tried that.

there is no reasonable excuse for kicking the dog it was not being aggresive in any way by the sounds of it, if scouse dog had kicked off then fair enough but this sounds needless only reason i can think of is the other owner did not see scouse and thought the dog was roaming free perhaps

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Duncan,

I whistled and called my dog, so the guy knew he wasn't roaming free. He's a pedigree and even though he cost my girlfriend a lot of money (bought him for me on my birthday 2 years ago) he's a BIG part of our family and I detest anyone who makes their own dog fight with other dogs.

I can understand the guy being wary of Chester, but that doesn't give him any right to kick him in the face!

Everyone knows Chester where I live and most people ask me to put Chester on a lead if they don't feel safe around him, which I do. I know I'm biased, because I love him, but he hasn't ever barked at another dog while he's been out with me, my missus or my children.

Scouse.

Pit Crew Decade Plus User KAIBO's Avatar

Thanks

There was no need to kick the dog even if there was any provocation.In this case there was not by the sound of things.

Report this to the relevent people as he may be abusing his own dogs!
    SOME PEOPLE LIVE IN THE FAST LANE -I LIVE IN ON COMING TRAFFIC

World Champion Decade Plus User popuptoaster's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

My mums always bred small dogs and we have had several of them attacked and badly injured by larger dogs so i can understand someone being worried by a bigger dog thats loose.

I wouldnt go kicking a dog unless it was actually attacking though.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

Did you here about some twat hitting a staffy with a cricket bat for going near his 6yr old the owner got the cricket ball and smashed the cunt in with it, Dog had broken jaw and owner got charged with GBH.

I agree that some people are unsure of dogs esecialy bull terriers but it makes kids scared of dogs when they see their parents go over the top. I admit am baised got a staffy (and 2 kids under 6) my self.

And if you see the bloke how kicked your dog, boot him in the face for me .

sven

ps what bred is he?

Thanks

there was no reason good for that twat doing that at all if Scouses dog was being agressive then fair enough but as for kicking a dog in the face thats still a bit excessive unless it was an extreme circumstance

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Sven, this is my Chester and he's a Boxer dog.
    He's wonderful and always full of beans, as anyone with a Boxer (Tone for one ) will know.
    He's been out this morning for his walk and is still a bit too quiet for him to be OK. I just don't want him to be wary of people, 'cos that's not his nature. He loves meeting people and being given loads of attention.

Will just have to wait and see..................a lot of fussing is in order I think!

Scouse.

************** Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber

My 1st Project
    Thanks

I'd have belted the other dude - no question

Infact, I'd have probably belted him, even if it wasn't my dog I'd seen being kicked in the face
    Last edited by Gmac; 28-07-2007 at 10:40.

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omj624p View Post
    Other people dont know what temperament your dog has. You cant blame someone for being defensive.
    Crock of Shit. How is kicking an innocent dog defensive? I would say it was the complete opposite!

I have a big dog and people are scared of him all the time just based on looks. He is the softest shit going and the one thats usually attacked by other yappy little mutts. However as a responsible owner I make him heel when approaching other dogs or people to put their minds at rest and tbh he heels without promping 99% of the time.

I have to admit to kicking another dog (or pinning it down with my leg) but the thing was going for mine. IMHO if the owner can't control their dog then I will do it for them and I told him so! But I would never kick a dog for no reason and if anyone kicked Bear without cause they would be sitting on their arse sharpish.

Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber

Thanks

He must have kicked him hard to push his face in like that Scouse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
    Crock of Shit. How is kicking an innocent dog defensive? I would say it was the complete opposite!
    When I said 'Being defensive' I should have worded it as 'Being on the defensive'.

I didnt mean he had the right to do anything unless there was a reason to.

I am on the defensive if there is a big loose dog near me and my mutt, just like I am on the defensive if there is a group of drunk kids near me.

My bad for not wording it properly.

Part of the furniture Decade Plus User Tone's Avatar

My 1st Project
    Thanks

i think i would have laid the chap out but as you say your dogs a priority hope he's ok

Pit Crew Decade Plus User marsy226's Avatar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    i think i would have laid the chap out but as you say your dogs a priority hope he's ok
    i do agree here mate
    ive seen this stuff around here personally and i really do think it is out of order

i hope chester is okay and that it doesnt happen again

Ant

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Roberts View Post
    He must have kicked him hard to push his face in like that Scouse.
    pmsl,you tit.

Hope chester is ok scouse

Pit Crew Decade Plus User Nige S's Avatar

Thanks

Scouse, I understand you being upset and hope that Chester recovers.
    But I did have a situation a few years ago where a large dog caused panic towards the young children that I was responsible for.
    I was playing football with my son and a load of his friends, all aged between 5-7 years old, a dalmation came bounding over, knocked one of the kids over and grabbed the ball that we were playing with, it was brand new and cost my son a few quid, so I managed to catch the dog but it wouldn't let the ball go so I gave it a light tap on its snout, it dropped the ball and walked off.
    The woman owner then came over and with her foul mouth threatened to set her husband on me, "go and get him then" I said, so she did, he threatened to kick my head in, in front of the now terrified kids.
    I told him "no problem, I'll take the kids home and come back", I would have wiped the floor with him, but fortunately it didn't come to that, we both saw sense and agreed to disagree.
    I am an animal lover and caused the dog no harm but think that some people don't understand the fright big dogs can cause others.
    Fortunately you're a good bloke Scouse and I too would have wanted to floor the prick.

Thanks

Many years ago my aunt was just knocked over by a large dog running loose, it was also a 'big softy' dog.

It caused her to fall badly and she broke her leg in several places.

Now she is absolutely terrified whenever a dog is running loose, she now cant walk her small dog in anywhere public, nor can she go with her grand kids to parks. I've never seen anyone so scared of dogs, and it's the friendly ones she is scared of.

Is this fair?

My Race Car
    Thanks

I've known 3 boxers in my time and every single one of them have been the loveliest natured dogs. Their appearance might look stern etc, but they're loyal, affectionate, and (sometimes) very obedient.

If Chester wasn't being aggressive or even showed signs of it, there's absolutely NO excuse for kicking him, ANYWHERE not just in the face, poor little bugger. In my eyes, it's no different to kicking a child. Both have feelings.

omj, that was an accident, what the other guy did was deliberate, your argument is irrelevant in this debate.

Spanner Monkey

Thanks

I had a neigbour a few years ago whos 6 year old boy was badly bitten by a large dog and scarred for life.
    The neighbour broke the dogs neck and there was also a massive ruck with the owner.

Big dogs are intimidating when running towards someone and although many big dogs tend to do this as a act of friendlieness a non dog owner could be very intimidated and lash out in protection.

Parks are public places and often frequented by young kids, its a terrible thing to see a kid scarred for life

My 1st Project
    Thanks

OMJ,

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, but like already said, that was down to an accident.

If you ever get to meet Chester then you would see how gentle he is and why I was so angry! He is more likely to run away from trouble, which he did, than fight. And when he ran away and caused an accident on the road, whose fault would that be...............proberbly mine for not having control of my dog, justice, eh?

This thread wasn't meant to cause any animosity between members, but to just vent my anger at some mindless idiot who hurt a member of my family just because my dog was bigger than his!

Anyway, Chester has been walkies since and he seems to be getting back to his normal self and i've had a look at his face and there doesn't seem to be any cuts, just a bit of a lump.

Thanks to everyone and i'll let Chester know you are all thinking of him!

Scouse.

World Champion Decade Plus User markb's Avatar

Thanks

i'd have beat the crap out of the guy given half a chance.. and i'm sorry steve (omj) but i totally disagree. generally speaking in my experience it's more likely the smaller dogs are the ones to be overly agressive.

i love dogs of all sizes, don't get me wrong, and obviously the dogs' welfare should always come first but if someone attacked my dog (not that i have one any more) for no reason other than becaus ehe was big, i'd do my nut... and last time that happened it wasn't pretty.

Thanks

That scumbag deserves a kick from someone his own size . One day that foooooooker will kick a dog that's not placide like yours and that will sort him out . If he'd kicked my dog he'd now be in hospital with teeth marks all over what was left of his body !!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    and i'm sorry steve (omj) but i totally disagree. generally speaking in my experience it's more likely the smaller dogs are the ones to be overly agressive.
    Maybe I have just been around bad experiences. My neighbour 2 doors down had her jack russell savaged by a loose big black dog. It cost her over £3000 to put him back together, and the poor dog has never been the same again. The owner of the black dog didnt give a damn.

I have to walk my jack russell in the same area and am therefore constantly on the lookout for the welfare of my dog. Can you blame me???

I still maintain though I wouldnt do anything to any dog unless it started something. But I do always put myself between my dog and any loose dog that is approaching, just incase, and I am very ready to defend my dog if need be.

In what way is this wrong of me?

Last edited by omj624p; 29-07-2007 at 10:00.

My 1st Project
    Thanks

omj,

I would do the same Mate!

And keep your dog off that coke................it's addictive!!!

Scouse.

Nickiy Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber

Thanks

There is no excuse for kicking out at a dog showing no aggresion but I hope it was out of panic as Steve suggested and not malice (not that the difference helps Chester) but can I just point out that responsible dog owners will keep their dog aggressive dogs on leads so it is perhaps unsafe to let Chester approach leashed dogs anyway without asking first.It is seen as bad manners within the doggy community to let your loose dog approach leashed dogs for this reason Difficult I know when your perfectly dopey bidable dog suddenly goes deaf on you when he spots a prospective friend.

Steve its perfectly reasonable to be protective of your dog he is a cutie
    Hope your feeling better Chester
    ................If it has tyres or testicles - its trouble

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Esme,

1. my dog is not and has never been aggresive to other dogs or people!

2. the bloke's dogs were un-leashed, just like mine!

3. and kicking my dog out of "panic" is appauling to say the least!

4. a big giveaway was Chester's tail (all be it a small one ) wagging at 10 to the dozen.

And one more thing, a badly behaved dog is down to the owner, not the dog.

Scouse.

Nickiy Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber

Thanks

Esme,

1. my dog is not and has never been aggresive to other dogs or people!

2. the bloke's dogs were un-leashed, just like mine!

3. and kicking my dog out of "panic" is appauling to say the least!

4. a big giveaway was Chester's tail (all be it a small one ) wagging at 10 to the dozen.

And one more thing, a badly behaved dog is down to the owner, not the dog.

Scouse.
    Scouse I think you mis-understood me I wasn't saying Chester was an aggressive dog far from it (I have a huge soft spot for Boxers) and own two large breeds myself so also suffer from "keep your dog away from mine syndrome",I was just trying to point out to everybody that people who have "dog aggressive" dogs often keep them on leads so it is wise not to let your dog approach any dog if your not certain of his recall.I also think that kicking any dog without provocation is appauling its just that i would prefer to think no-one would do it out of spite but especially a fellow dog owner.Oh and be careful of seeing a waggy tail as a sign of a non-aggressive dog ,though it may be true in Chesters case lots of breeds attack in waggy tail mode
    ................If it has tyres or testicles - its trouble

Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Subscriber

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    lots of breeds attack in waggy tail mode
    I'm the same

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Roberts View Post
    I'm the same
    You should be carefull then,you could end up getting Booted or worse still Bitten

My 1st Project
    Thanks

Esme,

sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick, so to speak!

Scouse.

TURBOSPORT SPONSOR Decade Plus User
    Turbosport Sponsor

Thanks

More fool any pratt that kicked my pooch...they'd have a whale of a time removing their leg from her jaws. She's already made light work of a couple of piss-heads that were harrassing my Mrs. while she was taking her for walkies one night...

+ Reply to Thread